Re: Tach's and playback options

To: kturk@ala.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tach's and playback options
From: "Joseph Timney" <TIMNEYJJ@sterlingdi.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 13:17:26 -0400
Keith,
       I have used a VCR recorder in three drag cars with good sucess. You will
get a little static in the picture. One system had a remote camera and we had
to do some shielding. On one car,the picture told the story... no oil pressure
after the burnout, no oil pressure when the chute came out. It really helped me
build a better oil pan system. If you run a mag, I think you might have a lot
more interferance.

>>> "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net> 04/22 2:39 PM >>>
well as you know I have been looking for a tach for some time... I really
like John Becketts Tape recording thing.. and wanted some way to save info
for Bench racing sessions later...

When Mayf and I were at the power fest the other day I bought a 9000RPM
playback tach with all the features that I wanted and bought a play back
box so I could print it out...

I still like someone's thought of a video camera in the car and I am going
to look into that a little more... the SCCA does require some special
mounting set up so they have found a way to Isolate the vibrations from the
car....

maybe you guys are better at this then I am.... with the air ride all the
gages are readable... but ... I don't have time to do more then watch the
tach and idiot lights I put in....

Keith

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )