RE: To Duct or not to Duct, That is the Question...

To: "'land-speed@autox.team.net'" <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: To Duct or not to Duct, That is the Question...
From: Beth Butters <bbutters@dmi.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 17:35:02 -0700
                        The alteration youguys see on studebakers hasn't been
legal for some time,  many of these cars have been on the salt for 30 or 40
years  and this was a popular  thing to do before it was made illegal .  These
cars  have this modification grandfathered to them.  Just like there are a few
4 wheel drive roadsters that are no longer legal.  Like I said  earlier,
walking around the pits to see what is legal in a class will get you into
trouble, and know  one preticularly  cars what you do as long  as its not a
safety item until you qualify for a record.  If  set a record in my class with
a car that  I see as not conforming to the rules  I ' d consider protesting
you.  You need to remember that  when you go thew inspection the inspectors
are not  looking at you car  as to class conformity, they are doing a safety
inspection.  So  follow  what the rules say in altered, no areodynamic
alterations to the body excepting the covering  of  openings with flat plates ,
no airdams unless they are fActory,  no flush mounting of window glass,  if you
want to build a comp. Coup build  one.  If you are  building  an altered from a
modern marshmellow car its more areo stock than I could ever get my Studebaker,
 Whatr they have going for them is looks and overall length.  In my opinion you
will get into hot water venting  high pressure  areas thew body panels.   L.
Kvach Butters  BB/G Alt.  CC   #1392