RE: To Duct or not to Duct, That is the Question...

To: "'Beth Butters'" <bbutters@dmi.net>,
Subject: RE: To Duct or not to Duct, That is the Question...
From: "Ferguson, Darrell" <dfergus@bactc.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 09:01:24 -0700
Kvach- as to your e-mail concerning aerodynamics in the altered class,
particularly in reference to front airdams, the rule has been changed so
that you can build any airdam you wish, provided it does not extend farther
forward than the leading edge of the front bumper. Also as to mounting of
glass, you can flush front windows, the rule states that the windows must be
mounted in their stock location. When removing window trim, this smooths out
that surface, and allows the car to still be legal. Finally, tech inspection
is not merely for safety inspection. I watched last year as a car that had
entered the altered class was forced to run in comp coupe because of an
illegal front end. I can tell this will be a fun one at tech this year for
those of us with new cars !

        Darrell Ferguson
        BLACK RADON ENGINEERING