Re: newcomers to land speed beware

To: <dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com>, <Land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: newcomers to land speed beware
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 11:01:38 -0700
Your information is really helpful in understanding the Politics.... I
would appreciate not using names...

I know the car and I understand the concern....I just hate to see this List
come down to a place to air Protests....

I sat in Tech just like you did and witnessed all manner of interesting
things.. that is why we were sitting in TECH... to Learn...and of course
that is what this list is about for me... I witnessed the exact same
thing.... but we are talking about a group of non paid volunteers who
dedicate a ton of time to giving us a Great Place to race... and it is here
that I agree with Tom Bryant.... a chill pill is in order..... on the end
of the day... these folks aren't here to see us NOT race they are there to
keep us safe.... And the Tech Committee can always be consulted if you
disagree with a tech ruling... I don't think you will have a problem on the
end of the day...

Like you I have never Raced a Car at Bonneville... but I will have raced 5
times on the East Coast and been through the Rule book a thousand times....

of course I have the same concerns about Tech... but I am confident in my
reading of the rules and I am grateful to everyone here on the list that
has taken the time out of their busy lives to help me ....( Too Many of you
to mention)

Lets keep it clean and let the games begin.... I want to GO RACING....

Keith.... Referee # 2
----------
> From: dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com
> To: Land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: newcomers to land speed beware
> Date: Wednesday, May 26, 1999 7:33 AM
>
> hi dave in mystic, and fellow land speed racers! i'm posting this not as
> slam to anybody or the scta or anything, so please dont take offense,
this
> is just an observation from an innocent bystander,  yes -the rules thing
is
> biased towards newcomers , from what i've seen at bonneville there is a
> good ole boys club. last year my brother and i spent the better part of
the
> day in the inspection lines watching the cars go thru, and we saw blatent
> safety violations of the scta rulebook pass if you were in the buddy
> system. for example, the wild looking #906 bright green saab sonnet,
(i'll
> use this guys car JUST AS AN EXAMPLE ONLY , i dont have a problem with
the
> guy or anything, i dont even know him or want to bash him or his car in
any
> way whatsoever ) who was known on a first name basis with the techs .
here