Pinion Angles

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pinion Angles
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 12:51:20 -0700
I came up to the house to ask a question and ended up thinking about Tank
Motors... this list may not be good for my Brain....

Okay someone else out there is running a Low Car.. my problem is that the
rear end in the Camaro is way above it's stock location... and above the
Transmission when you draw a straight line....

So the normal pinion angle is compromised quite a bit... John Beckett
brings up a real good point of why we don't want a straight Drive line...
(the needle bearings won't rotate in the U-joints) and upon close
inspection of the rear U-joint I can see little lines that the bearings
creased in the Post on the thrust side of the Joint...

All that said... anybody out there running the Pinion in an Up Plane or
nose up... instead of the Normal Nose down....

I have a Semi Ladder bar set up... where the Back springs are locked and
adjusted with the air bags.... in case your curious....

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )