Re: Maxton

To: "John Beckett" <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Maxton
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 10:09:55 -0500
So I am sitting here with the Car still on the Trailer and in Good
condition... thought I would take a sec and talk about that Intense
Competion...

Car #222 is a D/Pro car and we went back and forth all day Saturday... He
ran almost exact times except we swapped speeds between us.... Ole Dennis
Zeinfeild (sp) and I had a Ball racing each other...

passes went as follows....

#1 76mph... warm up and a check out pass to 8000 Rpm for Brad Johnson my
Partner... just wanted him to feel the car above 7000 as he hadn't done
that yet...and we wanted to set a Low Record....

#2  176mph.... my first hard pass

#3  177mph .. Brad's first Hard Pass with this Combo

#4  180.361   my Last Pass.... at 3:30 pm.... in the Heat of the day with a
corrected altitude of 1700'

Of course Dennis had to take his out and better my 180 and he ran 181..   I
was dying to go back out in the cool air of Sunday Morning and make that
Last Pass in the Early 180's.... but the Plug check and Motor were Perfect
and the car was running as well as it has ever run.... It absolutely Killed
me to put it on the Trailer... Dennis will just have to have the Fast time
between us....

awesome day Racing... and a truly great meet....

I just wish I could get ole Don McMeekin to talk on here and give us the
story of this Monza he is running.... What a neat deal to watch that 150
pass and know how hard they worked at it....
Don I know your out there.... take a sec and write a bit about where you
are and what your goals were....  PLEASE....  these are a couple of the
neatest people in the ECTA.... and they really have a story to tell.....

Keith Turk..... Second again.... oh well I got a car to go to the salt...
ain't that what all this is about?

> From: John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
> To: land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Maxton
> Date: Monday, June 07, 1999 9:05 AM
>
>       LS Racers
>
>       Just a quick summary.
>
>       Our tune-up meet at Maxton was the best of '99. The weather was great.
The