Re: High-Speed Stability of Roadsters

To: <ardunbill@webtv.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: High-Speed Stability of Roadsters
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 04:58:26 -0700
Chuck Soloman's Sum Fun....is about the most Professional car out there...
I took a whole role of film of it for my Racing Partner..... Why he goes
fast isn't a shock.... What a motor and suspension set up...

The Rear end is a work of art...cantilevered shocks and track bars going in
some real unusual directions..

Plus the car is a 34 as I recall.... and is slick as it can possibly be...

I also spent some time with Butch Salter.. who was running a very pretty
32...(Kentz and Leslie)  and had Tons and Tons of Horsepower... that he
couldn't seem to get to the salt.... the car had several spins to it's
credit... most right at Record speeds ( 190's as I recall)...

Aerodynamically the cars had nothing in common.... the 34 seemed to stick
the nose to the track... and the 32 was such a Box that it seemed to
Float...
(Butch had weight in both Frame rails as I recall)

These are amateur observations

Keith