Re: Ardun History

To: lsr_man@yahoo.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ardun History
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 15:48:00 EDT
Dick J,
        There are Arduns available for between 8-10 G's. Be careful when
considering one, and, get someone who knows the conversion to inspect it.
They're aluminum, and, very repairable.
        They ain't cheap or easy horsepower, just lots of fun and rewards
when you get used to them.
        A guy named Don Orosco in Monterey, Ca repopped 30 sets recently and
sold most of them for about $13, 000 I believe. Speedy Bill Smith from
Lincoln, Ne took over a repop project from Ermie Immerso in LA, but, has yet
to complete a head. A fellow named Norm ????????? in Grand Junction Co made a
few sets out of billet aluminum on his Bridgeport, but, they are un proven
and have no engineering or design whatsoever in them.
        The intake system is the bugaboo. Duntov's original system was
inadequate, Hilborn mabe a few sets with 1 11/16" ports that were OK until
you modified the heads for more flow, and, several guys cobbled up adapters
to put everything from 331 Chrysler Hilborns to 180 deg Flathead aluminum
intakes on the setup.
        A guy in Oregon is gearing up for production on 3X2 manifolds, as
well as single 4 bbls and a blower manifold. I can give you his name and
number if you ever get a set............Ardun Doug King