Re: Shop safety

To: kturk@ala.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shop safety
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 19:44:07 EDT
Keith,
        Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. Last night, after a long day of
fitting rod bearings, torquing (sp), measuring, loosening, re-torquing, etc,
I was installing the Ardun Flathead timing gear cover to keep the cam from
falling out when I rotated the engine on the stand. The engine was inverted,
with the crank snout blocking my view of the 1/8" diameter 1" long pointed
rod that FoMoCo placed there as a timing mark. I gave the thing a little help
with the palm of my hand and sunk the pointed rod into my wrist about
1/4-3/8". Luckily I didn't hit anything too important, but it sure was sore
for a while.................Ardun Doug King