Re: Do You Relate to this?

To: Joseph Timney <TIMNEYJJ@sterlingdi.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Do You Relate to this?
From: Dick Jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 07:14:34 -0700 (PDT)
I don't usually even read these kind of messages,
but this one hit 99.756 on.  You guys have to
identify with this.  Since Keith said this site
is not just for racing stuff, I thought I'd share
one personal incident that this message
illuminated in my otherwise dull memory.  Many,
many, years ago, my dad told me to mow the lawn -
- -every day for a week.  On Friday, my mother
reminded me that dad was really pi$$#@ off, and
if the lawn wasn't mowed when he got home, my
date for the night was cancelled - - and it was
already 4:00.  I ran to the garage like a track
star, only to find that there was no gas for the
mower, and no time to go get any.  All except the
front 4 feet of the lawn was mowed, however, by
the time my dad got home at 5:30.  "The mower
just broke before I could finish."  I explained
to him.  I got to go on my date that night.  In
the forty years that followed, I never told my
dad that it was a mixture of nitro-methane and
Mazolla corn oil that had fused the piston skirt
(the only part of the piston that was left) to
the cylinder.  Considering he's the same dad that
took me for a ride on Daytona's beach at 150+ mph
in a Chrysler 300c when I was just barely a
teenager, I have a feeling he's looking down on
me right now saying that he knew all along.

Dick J

--- Joseph Timney <TIMNEYJJ@sterlingdi.com>

=== message truncated ===