Re: Spins

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>,
Subject: Re: Spins
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 09:51:25 -0700
Okay.... and I agree with you on taking our time....

I don't have a lick of experience on the salt.... (unless rental cars
count)

I didn't jump into a Helicopter and start off teaching folks to Fly the
Apache.. It took a bazillion hours of seat time in slower stuff to prepare
me for that....

That is one of the reasons we have crept up to speed with the Camaro at
Maxton... when we were running in the 155-165 range that motor was designed
to be hot lapped just to build some seat time....

We both have our B licenses at Maxton and are looking forward to coming
home from Bonneville with our A lic... that is our goal for this year....
according to my predictions and Dave's and Gary's .. the car should be
capable of about 205-210 max..... on a perfect pass... the record is up
around 219 so that isn't an issue..
This leaves us with the ability to learn....and have fun without the
pressure of trying for a goal that is just a bit out there....( a little
disappointing but honest )

Your driving tips were exactly what I was looking for....and I thank you
for your time...

Would you pull the chute again if it started to get a little sideways?

Keith

<land-speed@autox.team.net>