Re: Pit Stalls on the Salt

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>, "John Beckett" <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
Subject: Re: Pit Stalls on the Salt
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 15:17:56 -0700
Couldn't sleep last night and I got tired of cleaning the shop.... I have
spent the last two weekends just finding the bottom of my shop .....
building the car trashed it.... and it was way past due... I went down to
Sam's and bought 20 15 gallon flip top containers... and realized I had
about half as many as I needed... but now I can find everything... they are
clear and I put White duct tape with Felt markings on the contents of
each... kinda neat they stack and store really well... Forty of these might
seem like alot... but to be honest I may need a few more....  I have been
parting out Sprites for a long time...

I also painted the Red stripe on the back and side of the car today.... it
kinda looks like the So Cal Special ... (heavy on the Kinda)  Now to sort
out what the hell to take to the salt.... and just where to put the Hole
for the Umbrella's....

Keith....

----------
> From: John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
> To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
> Subject: Re: Pit Stalls on the Salt
> Date: Monday, July 05, 1999 10:22 AM
>
>       As Tom says it's first come first serve. Twenty five feet per pit
usually
> works OK. Canopies won't stay up in the wind...keep it easy to
> dissamble...when you go to the staging lanes etc.
>
>       How many ECTA guys want to pit together?        We like it on the
>course side,
> same as last year. When do you plan to get there?
>
>       Now if you can rigg a hole in the roof of your car to fasten that beach
> unbrella, for some shade while in the staging lanes, you'll truelly be
the
> happiest guy on the salt.
>
>       And what the hell are you doing up at 1:00AM thinking about all this
shit
> anway?
>
>       John
>
> At 01:00 AM 7/5/99 -0700, you wrote:
> >I have a number of questions about the Pit area at Bonneville... if a
> >couple of you would be kind enough to share I would appreciate it....
> >
> >First how are Pits assigned?  and if you wanted to set up a group of
Racers
> >like the ECTA or the List could that be done.... I know many of you have
> >long established relationships out there and I respect that.. but if Us
new
> >guys wanted to pit together would that be possible?
> >
> >Personally I want to Pit with John Beckett and Lionel Williams.... (
> >experienced players both... and Lionel is a Master tuner)
> >
> >Second and maybe this needs it's own subject line.... but How do I
secure
> >my Tarps to the salt... and how wide is a Pit stall?  How bout the
Canopy