Re: Friday's pop quiz

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Friday's pop quiz
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 00:06:33 -0400
Jerry, Keith,

  Wasn't something said awhile back about aluminum rods stretching and
whacking thing they shouldn't during sustained high RPM operation?  I don't
have to worry about that myself (No rods!) but I still have loads of
clearances to check during engine assembly.  Unless you like to build lots
of short lived engines (Keith?) then it's best to put all the most durable
stuff you can afford into it right up front.  You need to find a balance
somewhere between drag racing and NASCAR; Maximum performance with maximum
durability.  At least enough of each to break a record!

Chuck "We don't need no stinking pistons!" Rothfuss
ECTA