Friday's pop quiz

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Friday's pop quiz
From: JERRY FOSTER <fosterap@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 18:18:48 -0700
Your papers will not be graded because I don't know the answers!
Looking for info here.

     #1 Car weight.  Do you build for super-light cars in the LSR
business?  I know you gear for the track, but it seems to me that at
Muroc and El Mirage you really have to boogie all the way to get all
your speed in time.  It's like a long drag race.

     #2 Engine assembly weight.  Do you go with aluminum rods, small
dampner/balancer, lightweight crank, etc,?

     I guess both topics really relate to acceleration, which is what
I've always tried to build for in drag cars and hot rods, etc.  I love
it, it's a kick in the pants!  How else to you get to that top speed?

     All papers must be turned in by Saturday at close of school!

     Thanks!  Jerry Foster In Dallas