aerodynamics

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: aerodynamics
From: Daniel Wright <daniel.wright@genetics.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:39:56 -0600
Hi
At Bonneville some years ago, I saw a liner poised to make a pass, with
small gobs of clean new wheel bearing grease applied in a gridwork pattern
all over the body.  I didn't get to see it after it's run, so I don't know
if it worked or not, but as it was preparing to leave it looked pretty
likely to be pushed around by the air, without being blown off completely.
Dan Wright
Dept. of Human Genetics, University of Utah
dan@saltflats.com
Utah Salt Flats Racing Association
"It's amazing what you can do when you don't know it can't be done"