Re: Salt Flats courses

To: RACE427@aol.com
Subject: Re: Salt Flats courses
From: "Wester S. Potter" <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 23:19:32 -0600
Hi Tony...The Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum is at 1600 South Wayne Street in
Auburn, Indiana 46706  Their phone is (219) 925-1444.  They have five
videos; Sand and Salt... The Test Supreme... Farther, Faster, Safer...Making
Pleasure Makers and Clay Model Making.  I have seen some of the last one, it
is the clay model being made for the 1936 Cord if memory serves me.  They
were all around $25.  Period stuff but well done.
If you get a chance to visit Auburn, jump at it.  The museum is housed in
the art deco building they had for the ACD Company offices, factory and
showroom.  A high buck restoration has put it in great condition and they
have some of the former employees as docents.  The cars are in all kinds of
condition...from a perfect restoration, a 100 point car to an unrestored
original with the whitewalls flaking off on the terrazo floor.  One Cord
there is a re-creation of a special they had built.  Someone spent a lot of
money to build this one to be just like the original that is
lost...somewhere in Washington State I hear.
There is also a truck and muscle-car museum behind the ACD.  You could spend
a day there too.  Then there is the Speedway Motors museum in Lincoln NE.
You would think you had died and gone to automotive heaven in that place.
Hope that is helpful,  Wester