Re: Pro class interior

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pro class interior
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 15:29:13 -0400
At 04:32 PM 7/19/99 -0500, Keith Turk wrote:
>How much of the interior must you maintain...in the Production class... we
>have seen several examples and they are all different on what constitutes
>Gutting?

  Keith isn't the only one who'd appreciate some additional guidance on
this.  Since I'm starting with cramped quarters (RX7) I've removed the
entire interior to install the roll cage.  Since most all the stuff I
removed is also flamable I'm not real keen on reinstalling any more than is
necessary.

  Please define "gutted" for us.  Is the intent here simply to retain all
factory sheet metal, or do we get into wonderful stuff like carpets and
sound deadener?

Chuck Rothfuss
'71 RX510 "USS Wankel"
'79 RX7 "Frosty"