Re: Pro class interior

To: V4GR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Pro class interior
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 15:58:44 -0400
There are several references in the rule book about retaining stock door
panels. Passenger & rear seat may be removed (p.61) in pro coupe &
sedan, bucket seats may be used. No references to carpet that I could
find.......I still have carpet in my car just because it would be TOO
ugly to look at stripped. Probably would be safer tho to remove any
combustible material. I also still have the stock dash (although
modified to fit the gages) because I don't see any advantage to removing
it.  I may be wrong here, but I think this issue (gutting) is somewhat
judgemental and subject to the "spirit of the rule", which is to
maintain a "stock" example of a particular entry.
Ed