Salt record return runs

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net land-speed@autox.team.net"
Subject: Salt record return runs
From: "Wester S. Potter" <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 07:58:12 -0600
Larry Volk, Save the Salt chairman just gave me the latest on record return
runs for Bonneville events this year. There is a modification on return runs
for records. With the course the way it is, we will use the "relative"
return mile, that is not the FIA same mile rule.  If you set your fastest
speed in the fifth mile from the start you will be able to take the speed in
the fifth mile from the north end when you make your return run.  This gives
you the same length of track to get up to speed.  Under the FIA rule you
might have to take the speed in a mile nearer the start of the return run.
There is not a full nine miles of course available the way the salt is now
and as a safety consideration the USFRA and BNI representatives decided on
this solution.  Thought you might llike to know.  Wes Potter, secretary
USFRA