Piston Coating

To: TIMNEYJJ@sterlingdi.com
Subject: Piston Coating
From: Finishline Coatings <lona@finishlinecoatings.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 10:16:08 -0700
Joseph:  Our piston coating consists of a ceramic coating on the dome
(which is .005 thickness - all machine work is done before any coating
is applied).  We have several reasons for not using a teflon coating on
the skirts. The main one being:  when the teflon wears off, it does not
break down in the oil like a moly based coatings does.  Therefore, we
use a dry film moly based coating on the skirts of the piston.
The underside of the pistons is coated with our "oil shedding" coating.
We use this combination of 3 different coatings on all of our pistons.
Pistons are coated for NASCAR, drag racing, Bonneville, aircraft,
2-stroke, diesel & any other engines. Coatings increase the life of the
piston & engine. If you are really interested in engine coatings-
combustion chambers, valves, etc. I'd like to share some of my ideas
with you.

15 days until we're leaving for Bonneville. See you all then.  Russ
Meeks, --"Garbage Truck" motor man.