Re: Gas up Party?

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Gas up Party?
From: "Wester S. Potter" <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 11:50:02 -0600
Keith,
The Gas Up is scheduled for the second of October, the week after World of
Speed.  If you are a racer and going that way you just have to call ahead
and explain who you are.  He is the only Jack Mendenhall in the area.  It
took us three and one half hours from Beverly Hills to the turn off on a
Saturday morning.  It was stop and go all the way to Santa Barbara.  Don't
try that  if you can avoid it.  The pea soup at Andersons is famous, a block
from his place.  The retired dentist who has a winery across the creek is
suposed to put out some good wines too.  Very short 4 mile drive to
Solvang...a pleasant, Danish theme, tourist town worth checking out too.  If
the Air Force ever decides to let racers onto Vandenberg AFB and their three
mile seamless runway you'll really hear about the area. It was built for the
space shuttle as a back up landing site.  Now they go in and out with
helecopters only. It's located near Lompoc 20 miles from Buellton.
Wes  USFRA