Re: Mormon Meteor

To: Dick Jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Mormon Meteor
From: "Wester S. Potter" <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 15:09:02 -0600
Keith,
The car you will see is Mormon Meteor I.  An earlier car that was replaced
with the Duesenberg chassis Meteor II which evolved into the Curtiss
Conqueror powered Mormon Meteor III.   The Meteor III has just undergone a
complete restoration including engine work in the last eight years.  I saw
some of the parts at High Performance Coatings this spring being given the
treatment by Jeff Holm.  The car was on the salt at World of Speed last
year.  Both are wonderful examples of what was run on the salt in the
thirties.  Marv Jenkins, Ab's son who is showing his father's car around the
world this summer, actually put more miles on the car than did his father.
Marv was the test driver.  Imagine close to 200 mph for twelve hours on a
flat surface!  Enjoy the viewing,  Wes