Re front suspension

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re front suspension
From: V4GR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 13:03:05 EDT
    Perhaps you could fabricate shackles that would bolt to the spring pads
on the axle you now have and get a proper length spring at a trailer supply.
You really only need one shackle and one fixed end. Some sort of wishbone or
4 bar would need to be made. Around here we have a place called Mor-Drop axle
who reforges your axle into a "Dropped axle" Anything like that near you?

                                                        Back in the real dark
ages some would turn there axle upside down and hang the frame from the
springs under tension instead of compression.

        Have you thought of Zing the frame. I got a lot of ideas as long as
someone else has to do the work. How come I never thought of all this stuff
when I was taking that Mustang 2 apart?   Rich Fox