Re: Fw: Re front suspension

To: Daniel Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>,
Subject: Re: Fw: Re front suspension
From: Dick Jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 06:58:06 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the info.  You helped me make up my
mind and plan a course of action.  The "cleanest"
setup I could come up with was welding the beam
axle directly to the frame, but so many guys had
so much caution against that.  What I've decided
to do is to use U-bolts to fix the beam directly
to the frame.  That way I can try the setup in
the spring, and if it turns out to be bad, then I
can invest in springs, hangers, and split
wishbones and do some re-engineering. I like the
solid idea most though because the point where I
plan on bolting the axle to the frame will drop
the middle of the frame right down to the "wead
eater" level, which of course is where I want to
get it. I'm going to follow that up with
re-positioned rear spring hangers and a set of
leafs holding a 12 bolt Camaro rear end in place
with about 3" of travel. (I know - I know, a 9"
Ford is better, but remember, "shade tree" - I
have to go with what I have! Tortillas and beans
are really starting to get old - I'm surprised my
family has put up with that diet this long!)
WHAT DID THE OPEL HAVE FOR REAR SUSPENSION??

Thanks,
Dick J

--- Daniel Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>