Re: Newbie's bicycle frame

To: "David Haile \(ICG Software\)" <dhaile@woodward.com>,
Subject: Re: Newbie's bicycle frame
From: Dick Jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 09:05:20 -0700 (PDT)
I spent many more years racing motorcycles than I
like to remember.  Don't try to use bicycle
stuff!  For one thing, the steel is much softer.
The front rake is also too erect, and will result
in high speed "tank slappers".  Scout out some
old motorcycle "boneyards".  You'll be surprised
what you find.  Some of those old 50cc -85cc
motorcycle frames are much better built, and
actually lighter than a bicycle frame.  An 85cc
Suzuki and a Wombat comes to mind. A friend of
mine used one of those little Hodaka frames to
build an electric replica of his pro-stocker for
his kid.  It was unreal! Six months ago I would
have given you a Hodaka frame, but alas, a dollar
short and a day late - it went to the crusher!
Cruise the old bone yards, you'll really get
excited!
Good luck,
Dick J