Re: Reports

To: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Subject: Re: Reports
From: "Beverly C. Stanley" <beverlycst@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 15:30:45 -0700
Hi Wes - Well we had a good time except for a few things - like the 4422 car was
stuck at 230mph and we needed 242 to qualify - We had one run with a blown tire
- that was exciting for Rich Manchen - Jim Miller got some seat time.
We did have good luck with the 2111 car of Mike Manghelli - he upped his record
from last year in the little diesel streamliner to 116mph.
The weather was perfect all week - all the spectators were great - and more
press coverage than we've seen in a long time -
Both Vesco and Teague set new records -
All in all I think it was a great week
Bev