Re: Reports

To: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Subject: Re: Reports
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 18:03:52 -0700
Hi Wes & Group,
We went home early, but we had a good time, the engine ran fine this
year. Our challenge this year was getting the power to the ground,
particularly on the first two miles. Jeff did the driving except for a
190 MPH 1st mile that I did just to check the car.

Jeff ran 221 MPH with an exit speed of 226.850, on Monday. He couldn't
hook up the last two miles so he was in and out of it. (He didn't know
that the middle of the course gives you that kind of ride.) On Tuesday
he ran down the right side and got hooked up. Ran 211 in the middle
mile, but lost two pistons just before the 4 Mile.

We left the salt Tuesday evening arriving home at 8 PM Wednesday night.
Got most everything cleaned up and the engine apart to attempt a
rebuild. The biggest problem we face is getting pistons in time for the
World of Speed. We do plan to be there some how!

Tom