Re: Reports

To: "Beverly C. Stanley" <beverlycst@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Reports
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 00:10:43 -0600
Hi Bev
Sounds like you had the same kind of problems Gary Allen did.  He qualified
over the record in his class but someone else had a faster time and was in
impound with him.  So Gary tries again at WOS.  Skip couldn't get one run
out of the "worlds longest lakester" and it is sitting in Liberty, UT
waiting for some attention from the locals.
Tom, good luck on getting a good set of pistons.  Can we steer anyone your
way?
I know what you mean about press...we have several film crews coming to WOS
and Guinness is coming for the worlds fastest skateboard...a try to go over
100... on the 130 club clocks.  Should be interesting...he has done over 75
in the quarter on asphalt.
That Teague record may pull the Hoffman Markley liner out of retirement...be
interesting to hear what they say.  They went 382 and were only 3 cubic
inches into the displacement class.
If we can get the course set in the next few days we will be in great shape.
 Hope for good weather.
Got salt fever!
Wes