RE: No Records...Big FUN

To: "'Keith Turk'" <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: No Records...Big FUN
From: "Ferguson, Darrell" <dfergus@bactc.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 17:32:54 -0700
No problem Keith- I enjoyed being able to thrash on a car out at Bonneville,
I wish it was ours, but as the saying goes, The more complicated they get,
the easier they are to mess up. Doug and I did start our motor before he was
forced to fly home early. It sounded OK with our initial 26 degrees lead. We
noticed a small fuel leak on the distribution block and shut it down. We
pulled the injector, tightened it up, advanced the mag to 32 degrees and lit
it off again. It sounded much better. The throttle response was CRISP !!!!!
and with 26.5% Overdrive, the whole car would lift up an inch when I'd crack
the throttle. After about 3 minutes of idling, trying to build a little heat
in the motor, she leaned out and started revving up before I could hit the
fuel shutoff. We had blue fire pouring a foot out of each header, and in the
3 minutes, burned 4 gallons of Methanol. We're looking forward to getting
this car to the track, and were disappointed that we could not make it to
speedweek. I did have fun though at Bonneville, and enjoyed meeting you and
Dave, John and Wes in person, as well as many other racers. It was a nice
change of pace for me, and I'm glad you guys enjoyed it as well (although
you scattered your motor).

Darrell Ferguson
BLACK RADON ENGINEERING
# 939 BBFALT