Re: W.O.S.

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Re: W.O.S.
From: Wester Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 15:20:22 -0600
Tom...
There are those of us who don't run cars but go to every World of Speed
so the others can.  I have been to every one and have seen you run more
than one car...and qualify more than one driver.

I may be giving Keith a run for the most miles...just got back from
Pleasanton for the GoodGuys show, Monterey Historic races at Laguna Seca
and the Concours at Pebble Beach.  A fast 2500 mile weekend jaunt.  Saw
some salt racers, spent some time at the Hoffman High Speed Engineering
shop, Brizio's Street Rod shop and visited with Ray Brock about the salt
at Pebble Beach. Some great vintage racing too.

Coming across the salt last evening about seven, there had been a storm
go through and there was some standing water on the flats.  Should be a
great help for course prep for WOS.  This time of the year the salt will
lose 1/3 inch of moisture each warm breezy day and we are having just
that today.  Looking good for the 22nd.  Look forward to seeing all of
you there

If anyone needs entry forms for WOS you can download them from the
saltflats.com site.  Entry is $300 plus $10 course prep fee and your
USFRA membership of $35 if you have not joined for '99. Call me at
801-583-3765 with questions.

Wes