Re: Net Quietness

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Net Quietness
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 22:58:49 -0400
At 04:10 PM 10/6/1999, you wrote:
>Too darn quiet on the list! What's going on? Everybody mad at each other?
>Or what?

Mayf,

  I've been kinda quiet lately since starting my "real" job.  Did you get
those pictures from Maxton up on the website yet?  I'm sure lots of folks
will enjoy them.  I've been giving your site a few subtle plugs.
  Interesting that you're making the manifold for your twin turbo motor.
Did you see the big piece of aluminum plate that I found on the course at
Maxton during this years pre-season cleanup day?  It was 1/4" thick, had
beautiful looking welds around the edges
and had been blown right off a supercharged Mustang.  You may never run as
much boost as he had, but it's a good idea to test your welds to make sure
they have good penetration.
Once you're sure it's strong, you can worry about making it pretty.  When
you get really good, try cutting a soda can in half and welding it back
together!  I've seen it done with a torch, but never with a TIG.

Chuck Rothfuss
ECTA