Re: Net Quietness

To: kturk@ala.net, land-speed@autox.team.net, crothfuss@coastalnet.com
Subject: Re: Net Quietness
From: "Joseph Timney" <TIMNEYJJ@sterlingdi.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 08:50:08 -0400
Keith,
While you're installing the 4-link bar, consider a wish-bone setup as opposed
to a diagonal or panhard bar. This will allow the rear to pitch rotate properly
and not bind up. You are doing the right thing, big torque will find the weak
link in a hurry !!! I think I remember you having side motor mounts. If you do
, you need to tie the motor down in front or switch to motor plates as the
torque will pull on the block and with the boost , you will blow head gaskets
as the side mounts on the block WILL distort the deck. I have had that problem
with a blown roadster on the street.

>>> "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net> 10/07 6:25 AM >>>
I have a friend who spends his days Welding Semi trailers and I have
watched him attempt the Gum wrappers.... the coke can was easy for him....

My welding so far isn't quite as good.... but with the Tig like Mayf's I am
doing fair work..... Still haven't tried anything serious... but then I am
just Practicing.

Looking forward to doing something that is going to be on the car....

I did order the 4 Bar set up for the Camaro today.... from Total Cost
Involved
no matter what I do this thing is going to have more then it had last time
and I am worried about my Current set up being able to take much more
Horsepower.. You can ask Darrel what he thinks but it's a pretty average
set up that has worked well to this point but really needs an upgrade....
and that was the one part I was sure I needed to do.

Keith