Re: 312 MPH

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: 312 MPH
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 07:17:21 -0700
Keith,
Al ran at the first Muroc Reunion in 1996, 229.617, probably a second
gear run. He needs more room. I don't know if he has run at El Mirage or
not, but again the car needs more distance.

Fred Dannenfeltzer, driving the DRM Racing LAKESTERS has top time at
Muroc with this years run of 291.417 MPH. Several cars have run over 250
MPH in the dirt. To run in excess of 290 MPH requires all systems at
their peak. It is one thing to have the Horse Power, but to get it to
the ground in 1 .3 (El Mirage) or 1.5 (Muroc) is another story.

My hat is off to these tuners and drivers.

Tom