Re: Welding and Welders

To: kturk@ala.net, land-speed@autox.team.net, dfergus@bactc.com,
Subject: Re: Welding and Welders
From: "Joseph Timney" <TIMNEYJJ@sterlingdi.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 07:48:21 -0400
You may consider going to your local welding store and see if he has a GOOD
used tig machine. I have seen them go for $500 to $800 for a 250 amp, water
cooled unit with a foot control and torch. This will allow you to weld
alumunium and steel.  I prefer tig over mig as I can control weld penetration
with the foot pedal as I weld around the tubing. I can weld 1/4" thick
alumunuim plate without pre-heating.

I would suggest a tech school class on welding if you do not have someone who
can coach you. Welding is 10% theory, 90% practice.

>>> "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net> 10/08 10:02 PM >>>
I am in total agreement with Darrel here.... I have one also and it's the
only one required.... Until you get to the Geek level and have to have the
Tig.... Personally I think I just wanted one.... I didn't need it... the
little SP units are just fine...

Check with the Lincoln dealer in Louisville KY also... don't have his
Number but he sells cheap if it's factory direct.... and he has given me
some killer deals...

Keith