Re: Alloy flathead block.

To: yesford@clear.net.nz, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alloy flathead block.
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 22:37:35 EDT
In a message dated 10/27/1999 3:48:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
yesford@clear.net.nz writes:

<< I discussed the idea with a buddy with a view to a partnership in the
 project but while interested was busy with other projects. Don't know if
 I've got the balls to make the financial commitment myself. The new
 millennium dawns guys, the sidevalve Ford deserves to be there, "we have
 the technology".

 Opinions please.

 Chris Harris  C/GR  #397  New Zealand.

Chris,
    As long as the Flatty block was repopped the same as original I believe
it would get lots of support. As soon as someone repopped one with 5 mains
such as  Donovan did with the Ford "A" 4 cyl a few years back there would be
lots of objection from the guys who made "chicken soup out of chicken s_ _ _
_ all these past years like Harold Johansen and Roy
Creel................Ardun Doug