Re: Alloy flathead block.

To: "Chris R Harris" <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Subject: Re: Alloy flathead block.
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 17:23:13 -0600
Chris,
The original wood patterns are hanging on the wall in the Speedway Motors
Museum in Lincoln, Nebraska.  I wonder if Bill Smith would be interested in
trying ... or if Ford would be against it.  The purists would die.  Oh yes,
a friend just bought a Ford flathead block that has never been in a car.  It
will end up in a period '32 Ford steel bodied street rod with a Merc crank,
original Ford connecting rods (still in the boxes), Ardun heads and probably
a SCOT blower.  He will do it right ... nice to see things like that come
out of the blue.
Wes