Re: Old friends an' th' Salt...

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Old friends an' th' Salt...
From: "joe boogie" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 09:27:24 PDT
Doug....
Your memory looks like it must be impeccable!  I  think you just related the
whole "affair" as if it happened just yesterday.    ...thats SCAREY.
    Nice to "chat" with you!   I wish I was still out west so I could attend
Bonnieville alla time, but I moved back to NY State (where I grew up) to be
close enough to my mother to watch over her...
    Not a lot of old time rod action going on around here.  Everyone I meet
in these parts is a "street rodder" -and theres worlds of difference between
"them" and us. They jus' don't know how'ta step on th' gas -ya know? So I
don't have much in common with "them" at all, and I am pretty much carryin'
th' torch alone around here.....
   I Have found some young guys in New England though that appreciate the
older stuff we like and have been kinda mentoring and "hangin' out" with
them at a few events when time allows.  Of course I'll be preachin' the
"Gospel of Salt" to'em when I get the chance.
      Personally, I've been starting to salivate at the thought of building
just one more car before I die and I've never played with one'a them ol'
flatmotors and I want to in the worst way.  I'm thinkin' of buildin' a
little "track T" style roadster pickup sort of Rod.  A minamalist sort of a
thing you know? Maybe with cycle fenders. Circa 1950.  I've got a few parts
squirrled away so far with an entire '37 front end promised in the near
future.
ANY tips regarding what to look for, and what to beware of in flatheads
would be greatly appreciated (and saved off email!)
    Well I better close for now.  Appreciate all your comments and I'm sure
we'll "chat" again!

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"if its got a number on it an' makes alotta noise, -it's groovy!"

             Hot Rodz Forever,  Doug Anderson,  -exiled in NY....