Interview& fuels

To: "Land-speed@autox.team.net" <Land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Interview& fuels
From: dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 14:43:14 -0500
Nice job on the interview. Chuck is a great guy nice to hear his
thoughts.. One caught my eye though. he may have just helped with the
mystery head gasket/torched piston and the ERC 118 that we run.. We have
used the fast burn as we turn up the wick pretty hard on the Cosworth
'PINTO' at 10k + rpm gotta get it in and out pretty quick,(please have a
timing slip ready before anyone starts on the pinto thing ok and it
better have #'s over 220 and a record might be nice!).....Is it time to
use a dielectric test for fuel instead of you have to run what they
have. That might be nice for the SoCal guys they can just pick some fuel
up and run the engine on the dyno. A couple of years ago i had 10
gallons shipped in to do some dyno work and the cost was around $350
because of all the hazardous shipping stuff. I mean if I wanted to cheat
in a gas glass it is so easy that it is ridiculous in the first place.
Just pump the tank out with the electric pump and then use the suction
side to fill it back up.. I do feel a bit better now that a mystery may
have been solved. maybe will bring our own fuel next year....What's
everyone think about it? Most any other sanctioning body does a
dielectric test and all you need to do is pass it to be legal..

Dave Dahlgren