Re: Interview& fuels

To: "Joseph Timney" <TIMNEYJJ@sterlingdi.com>
Subject: Re: Interview& fuels
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 09:22:14 -0600
One thing is missing from all of these comments, that being the fact that
the fuel is at the meet at all.  ERC has supplied fuel for salt flats meets
for many years.  The profitability of hauling fuel 800 miles one way, paying
for housing, labor, hauling an adequate supply of all kinds of fuels, runs
to the nearest supplier, 140 miles one way, for methanol when everyone uses
more than expected, can't be great.  The back breaking labor of getting the
fuel trailer off the salt after a rainstorm and the cost of the wrecker to
get it out are other things the racers usually don't see.  From a sponsors
perspective, we are fortunate to have people like Rick and the rest at ERC.
One call solves lots of problems.  From a racers standpoint, the fact that
they have the information on the fuels that ERC gives and the consistency of
quality they assure has to be an incredible benefit.  With the many ways to
cheat, having ERC there just helps to level the playing field.  Not a
perfect world but a whole bunch better than what has happened in the past
with other suppliers.
Wes
> From: "Joseph Timney" <TIMNEYJJ@sterlingdi.com>
> To: Land-speed@autox.team.net, dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com
> Subject: Re: Interview& fuels
> Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 07:49:59 -0500
>
>Good Point , look at what NHRA has done, requiring Approved Race Gas for
Pro-Stock because of cheating.