Re: Methanol Solves Mysteries

To: "Land-speed@autox.team.net" <Land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Methanol Solves Mysteries
From: dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 08:24:15 -0500
I had understood it to be closer to 120-122 which is still much better
than gasoline Have worked on sprinters for a very long time and alky
drag cars am not disputing the benefits but is not a fuel that is
appropriate for the gas class. It also does not work well with nitrous
and by itself does not add enough power for a N/A engine compared to the
simplest of nitrous. For a very high rpm engine nitro is not all that
much worth the effort as it burns slow but is very suitable for those
tractor engines that turn 6500 rpm.. Oh well never mind this has
digressed too far..The original thought was the quality of the gasoline
available at Bonneville and at least 2 people that have a real good clue
on the tune-up loosing an engine due to a fuel related problem at the
same meet with the same fuel...
Dahlgren