Re: Cooling

To: bbutters@dmi.net, owner-land-speed@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Cooling
From: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 01:45:18 EST
Well I applaude you for your quest for the proper cooling.  I'm not sure if
this applies in this situation, but years ago, an engineer that I knew was
doing some calculations on cooling and had determined that for every 100HP
that an engine makes, approximately 0.75 gallons of cooling system capacity
is required.  Now mind you, he was doing an independent evaluation on a car
that had a cooling problem (I won't say the name of the car, but the model at
that time was called W2 Twin Turbo).  I do not remember what I have done with
the notes I made from back then, but there were some other variables to plug
in to adjust for altitude, ambient temperature, system pressure, air flow,
exchanger effiency and such. but the basic rule of 0.75/100HP generally kept
you out of trouble.  Hope this was worth anything.

        Mike