Cooling

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Cooling
From: Higginbotham Land Speed Racing <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 08:55:16 -0600
Hello team,
This is my first "chat" attempt so please bear with me.

It seems to me that actual data could help with the establishment of
cooling medium requirements.
Our data is as follows:
300" SBC unblown on ERC 110 (400 Ft/lbs?)
Start line temp 150 F
5 mile temp 210 F
Delta T= 60 F
Aluminum tank 9 gal
Aluminum heads
6 gal/min circulation (circulates about twice on a run)
Anti-rust agent in water
Pro-blend in crankcase (controls internal engine heat better).

Anyone else care to share? I'm building tanks for the front engine now but
will wait to see what others are doing. I'd like to minimize the volume
since I have already minimized the available space!

Skip Higginbotham
AA/(B)GS 4411