Re: A-Bomb - Pierson Coupe & Doug's Trip

To: joe boogie <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A-Bomb - Pierson Coupe & Doug's Trip
From: Dick Jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 13:30:19 -0800 (PST)
Man oh Man - what a trip.  That had to be better
than Dinsey World for a little boy.  I'm starting
to have thoughts of making my roadster a dual
purpose car.  Right now it's got solid bolted
suspension because I'm afraid I might run out of
time before my next race weekend (July 15&16 at
Maxton)and won't have time to finish the car, but
I have set it up for easy conversion to
streetable suspension.  I picked up some vintage
knee-action shocks last weekend, and have a
series of photos of quarter-eleptic front ends
that I think I will try to duplicate.  I also
have ladder bars and a set of neat coilovers
(from a Honda Gold Wing motorcycle) that I think
would make a great rear suspension.  The sort of
clincher was when I got my fenders this weekend,
they are actually early Dodge and match all the
rest of the car.  Dodge fenders are quite unique
with a scroll along the lip and especially at the
rear.  I have an original windshield frame, and I
think the motor will be more than mild enough for
a street car - although, racer is the prime
purpose.  Time will tell.

=====
Dick J in East Texas
 - - ECTA #72 - -