Points computation ideas

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Points computation ideas
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 12:06:50 -0800
Hey Guys....

John Beckett and I have been bantering about different Ideas on a Points
system that is fair and adequate ... oh and easy to figure.... (heavy on
the ease)

Thought we would throw it out here and see what you folks thought... there
are a number of different ways of making this happen....

Currently you can run against any record ... from your class up... that has
given us the ability to fill the record books as the organization grew...

Points are awarded as follows.. Percent of the record x2 and then 25 bonus
points for setting a record and an additional 25 points for mph over the
record again based on Percentages of the record.... with a Max of 250 pts
per meet.

example:  if your record is 100mph and you run 99.9 you get 200 points if
you run 100.01 you get 25 bonus points for exceeding the record for a total
of 225pts   ....... If you run 112.5 mph you get your 225pts plus 25 more
points as that is 112.5 percent of the record...

anybody out there got any good Ideas on how to do this better?

the problem of course here is that if you have a slower car it's easy to
get max points..... as your car increases in Speed the extra points are
harder and harder to get without sand bagging a record up front....

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )