Re: 4 speed

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: 4 speed
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 14:01:43 -0800
Group,

I have never run anything but a 2-speed Powerglide in recent years. At
Bonneville it works fine, but at the Lakes another gear or two would
certainly be helpful when running gasoline.

I'm not sure of the statistics, since I have not compared my trans to
others, but I don't think that I'm giving up much in HP with my
automatic. It is simply a direct drive two speed planetary trans, no
converter. Can't imagine that there is more friction here than in a
manual 4-speed.

Tom, Redding CA 2PM PST