Re: bad ideas and claimers

To: "dahlgren" <dahlgren@uconect.net>, <Land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bad ideas and claimers
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 06:07:47 -0600
Yet again I am fascinated with the varied opinions on a single topic... Okay
so this Class isn't for everybody.... (not even for me) but  I am willing to
keep an open Mind and allow others to express their opinion....

Grass Root Motorsports the Magizine is doing a series of exactly that....
Semi Claimer or Minimum Buck's deal.... I think there is a $1500 Limit....
and they run in three venues... staight line road course and a car show.....
the point they are making is that the automotive Hobby doesn't have to be
expensive... and I agree.... it depends on the venue you chose and in our
cases the class you choose to run in.....

Pick the fastest Piston driven Vehicle deal..... it's not going to be
Cheap....  but then you look at what Say Rich Fox  brought to Bonneville
this year or what Chuck Runs at Maxton.... those are PURE hot Rodding
efforts.... or maybe what Dick is going to show up with.... that ain't about
Money... it's about running a car....  and using your mind to come up with
better solutions then last time....

Guess my Point is that our goal as Racers is to Preserve and protect the
Salt and to continue to have fello competitors who are willing to put in the
effort to be there.... if it takes another class well then so be it.....

Keith Turk.... D / Gas / Altered..... hmmm