Drag n STuff

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Drag n STuff
From: "Lawrence E. & Cathy R. Mayfield" <lemay@hiwaay.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 19:43:16
Thanks to those who have responded. Just to be clear on what I was looking
for: drag coefficients and frontal areas of as many cars as we, as a group
can find. The idea was that a large body of people can get the data in a
much shorter time than one person can. Sending me off to web sites or texts
only slows down the process and probably I don't havethe texts anyway.

Once I get the data, I will compile it into a master list and post it on
the web site (if Bill Mackey will let me, and I know he will). I will
include everything that will let anyone calculate the drag and power
required for his particular choice of vehicle at whatever speed he/she
selects.

In this way, people thinking that they want to build something can get an
idea of what they might need up front.

Heck, it might even make a good article for the BRN?

mayf

L.E. Mayfield
124 Maximillion Drive
Madison, Al. 35758-8171
1-256-837-1051

old >>>>>>>>  http://www.hsv.tis.net/~mayfield
new >>>>>>>>  http://home.hiwaay.net/~lemayf

DrMayf@AOL.com
lemay@hiwaay.net   <<<<preferred

Sunbeam Tiger, B9471136
Sunbeam Alpine Bonneville Land Speed Racer,
'66 Hydroplane Drag Boat (390 FE)