Re: bearings

To: saltracer@netscape.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: bearings
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 00:50:40 EST
In a message dated 12/17/1999 6:21:45 PM Pacific Standard Time,
saltracer@netscape.net writes:

<< You guys have any suggestions on low resistance wheel
 bearings, or special wheel bearing grease that cause less
 friction. what about actual rear end bearings and lube oil
 for the 9" ford rear? By the way, Merry Christmas to all!
 Phil in Louisiana

Phil,
    I use Red Line lube in both my 9" dragster differential and my Champ QC
in the LSR car. Other than being a little more "leak-prone" I'm told that it
uses a little less HP than conventional gear lube.
    I've heard of guys using gear lube in the wheel bearings but someone else
with more experience might have a better read on the subject............Ardun
Doug in CA