Re: bellytank/Bourk

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com, lemay@hiwaay.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: bellytank/Bourk
From: V4GR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 13:31:14 EST
    Its my understanding that arrangement is called a "Scotch Yoke" and Bourk
was not the first to use it. I am of the belief that bearing loads have been
the downfall of this design due to the low area of support between the crank
throw and yoke.  I saw some drawings and pictures o a "Barrel Engine"
Australian free piston wobble plate drive a few years ago that was supposed
to be the next new thing. I have heard its now FAA certified and tried to get
to there web page, but failed. Anyone know anything about this thing?

Rich Fox