Re: bellytank/Bourk

To: "Greg Hyatt" <Hyatt-Engineering-Ltd@fuse.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: bellytank/Bourk
From: "Hyatt Engineering Ltd." <Hyatt-Engineering-Ltd@fuse.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 14:33:58 -0500
Rich,
You are right, scotch yokes were applied to steam engines when Mr. Otto and
Dr. Diesel were still in diapers.
Check out www.dennerpower.com for a more current example.
Or www.mame.mv.oz.au/~das/ for an even better example, in particular note
how a floating block between the pin and the yoke is used to distribute the
loads (which has also been done before).
I have not seen the "barrel engine", but would like to, forward a link if
anyone finds it.
Greg